Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
This is a list of some basic strategies in ZombsRoyale.io. Im assuming that you already know the basics of the game and the weapons.
To defeat a player with a P90 or Vector and other short range weapons like shotguns it's advisable that you keep a distance away from that player and fire using long range weapons such as snipers,RPGs and crossbows.
Another good tactic (if you're skilled enough) is to use the rev-impulse grenade to suck the other player and you together then use a shotgun,sniper, or Trident of the Depths to finish that guy off.
If you're aiming for more kills land in an area where more people land. If you're aiming for more wins try and land at an area without too many people. It's easier to get a win on mobile.
Survival Strategies[edit | edit source]
1. Land far away from the plane.
2. Avoid where people go.
3. Be the first one to loot.
5. You can get more ammo by switching your weapon with one on the ground and then switching back. You don't have to rely on ammo on the ground. This is really useful as most guns on the ground will have 30 ammo in them, and that adds up.
6. Don't be greedy for loot unless it's worth it.
7. When you're low on bullets, don't attack people if they don't have the loot you want.
8. Only switch weapons using number keys or scroll wheel.
9. When being attacked go to the other side of the bullets and run around the shooter. (If you're being shot from the left move left to the source) you may get hit more than once but at least they'll have to aim again and you have time to shoot back. [May not be a good strategy when you are low on shield and health]
10. If you see crates in the gas (except golden and ammo crates), shoot them and see if the loot inside is worth losing health for.
11. When running away from a better player, hide in houses. It buys time to quickly use a few bandages, and forces the attacker to change their strategy from long-range to short-range. Plus, some houses may have leftover loot that you can probably use.
12. A house with two doors is always better than a house with one. It grants an escape plan when things go sideways.
13. Wear a basic cosmetic (skin). Don't wear a high skill skin if you are trying to have a low profile but also don't do full default, people will go for you thinking you're an easy target. 14. Always try to stay away from a fight. If you hear bullets, it's best to hide or go the other direction.
Kill Strategies[edit | edit source]
1. Pumps are wonderful because you can deal a lot of damage, but they require some skill to use effectively.
2. Try to use a Pump Shotgun if you have one, while at close range. Switching between two quickly while shooting will increase firerate. This is also known as Double-Pumping.
3. At long range it is best to use a sniper rifle.
4. Try to dodge bullets when fighting, move back and forth and try to find cover, don't hold still or you'll get shot. And die.
6. Don't extend your peaks, they allow enemies to shoot you, but be careful not to kill yourself with a RPG
7. Hiding inside of houses is often riddled with risks. Trapping yourself in an enclosed area where the enemy can take cover while you can't? Never open the door unless you have a plan. And hug the walls - usually hiding in houses allow a brief moment of stall to get in that hybrid or small shield, and standing near window for easy shots kinda defeats that purpose.
8. Have guns for short, mid and long range battles. A good combination is a shotgun or SMG for close range, an Assault Rifle for mid range, and a Sniper for long range.
9. Snipe at everyone you see, sometimes you can clean up an unsuspecting player by doing this. This gives you free loot to utilise, and grants you an elimination
10 Tag airdrops on your map. (Press M and click anywhere on the map to place a marker.) This allows you to locate the coveted airdrop weapon, even if it's been taken - you simply need to hunt the person who took it around the area where you put a marker.
11. Preferably use WASD. It makes it a lot easier when picking up loot, grabbing chests/crates, and makes it easier to shoot.
12. To rack up some easy kills, have a rocket launcher, a Rare or higher shotgun, or a Flamethrower and go to a hut, and shoot people who look in. That racks up to easy kills. Just pay attention to the gas.
13. Always pick up a Bolt-Action Sniper. They pack quite a punch, and are good for easier finishes.
15. Pumps might seem pretty good, but it slows your speed down. Only use pumps when in close range, and if the opponent moves out of the range, then switch to an AR or SMG. (It's better to use pumps when in a building or your opponent is in one.)
16. If you have a Bolt-Action Sniper, try to lure a opponent that doesn't see you by sniping the player. If he doesn't die and he is shooting you, try run away from the gunfire and at the same time, hide in the trees. Once the player come close enough, pull out a short-ranged weapon (SMG or Shotgun) and come close to him. Then you'll have the advantage to shoot him down with a close range weapon.
17. During the end games use Fast firing weapons to prevent others from being able to safely enter the circle, This means that the enemey will have to find another entrance or run through your stream of bullets. This works more when in squads however is still useful in solos and duos.
18. Order your weapons in a way that you remember. The last slots take longer to switch to. This will let you easily take out an enemy. It is better to keep healing items in your last slot, since you only want to use healing items when you are safe.
19. When playing with a Squad, make sure everyone has a fast- firing weapon. If 4 streams of bullets are constantly firing at an enemy, it is almost impossible to survive.
20. If the enemy is behind a door and you both have a shotgun, be the one to open the door. Rapidly press fire right after you open the door. This lets you get the first shot in.
21. In all modes use a Sniper to look for other players fighting. When one of them dies and the other starts healing, snipe the person and switch to a fast firing weapon to finish them off. This is especially effective if you jump near the beginning(not recommended) or if you are one of the last survivors.
22. When you are stuck inside a building from both sides, leaving you no exit. use the Impulses/reverses to escape safely and take minimal damages.
Advanced Strategies (PC)[edit | edit source]
- Dropping at the beginning is a risk to take, and should only be done when looking for kills or playing casually. other good high kill locations would include Blossom, celestial, lucky lake and any other new location the devs may add on release of a new update. safer locations would include Haunted Hallows, Cozy cabins and the farthest areas of faraway farms
- Choose a spot to land. Press "m" or Tab to view the map, you'll want to choose a building as they have loot. Drop right before the plane forms a 45 degree line, and make sure it is fairly out of the way from the chaotic beginning. If you are in a team, I strongly advise you mark a location on the map to coordinate before landing.
- Pick up as much as you can get. There are different ammo types so preferably choose different guns for different ammo (otherwise if run out both guns are useless). During the first phase you'll want to be as safe as possible. Hybrid Potions are great to save, but drink the small and big potions immediately. (Note that small potions only work if you are below 50 in shield.)
- It's a good idea to arrange you weapons. It provides for easier and faster switching and prevents unintended mishaps (switching to an RPG and blowing yourself up by accident when you wanted an SMG). Try sorting them by range, from far to short or the other way around. A tip for scrollers - this arrangement suits you best as you can simply scroll upwards or downwards from your Sniper to your AR if the enemy is close enough.
- The Medium-Range gun is what you'll switch to for most fights. When fighting in medium range Strafe to confuse your enemies whilst still utilising the cover provided. If you find The "Mythics" (scoped M4, Assault scar, Suppressed Ar-15) Be sure to pick them up as they are the best weapons available.
- The Shotgun is what you'll switch to while inside houses. It is a good for close up battles. Also great for killing knocked down players, go right next to them and shoot for great damage. Pump Shotguns offer a large, dense spray of bullets, Tactical Shotguns sacrifice density of bullets for range (as such, each bullet does more damage) and Assault Shotguns have a tight spread and far range, making it useful even outdoors.
- It's best to carry only three weapons and two miscellaneous items (it can still be weapons). One Sniper, one AR and one SMG or Shotgun for the weapons, and a stack of Bandages and Hybrid Potions. Of course, it all varies - an RPG in place of the Sniper or a miscellaneous slot is good for dealing with the hectic race for the Airdrop; its heavy splash damage is nifty too. Grenades, any kind, can provide tactical advantages that win you games. You could even drop the AR and go for a Sniper/SMG/Grenade/Grenade/Healing set if you have confidence in your skills.
- Slowly move in and let most of the fighting happen for you. But if you see an enemy do not hesitate to attack, getting the jump on someone else usually means victory. Keep upgrading your guns until the final phase...
- The endgame is littered with fully-stacked players, some carrying powerful Airdrop weapons. However, the gas circle can give advantages to many different weapon ranges depending on where it is. If it circles in on Blossom Burbs, Cozy Cabins, Lucky Lake or Tinker Town, SMGs have an advantage in the sense that they can skirt through houses and corners for easy killings. If it circles in on Faraway Farm, Space Base, Bomber Base or Infantry Island or Haunted Hollow, ARs can easily use their superior range and fire rate to clear obstacles and shoot enemies in the same clip. Anywhere else gives Snipers a clear lane of fire and no place to hide - what more do they need to absolutely destroy everyone?
- You can go through walls (intended feature) by Throwing Impulses at yourself and then moving towards the wall in question. you can also pull others and yourself together by using the reverse impulses. This can be combed with Grenades to make a deadly weapon
- Tridents are effectively reverse impulse grenades and should be treated as such.
Weapon Strategies[edit | edit source]
- At mid range the best weapons are the AK,SCAR, VSS and the AR-15.
- At close-range the best fast-firing weapons are the Vector, P90, UMP, and the MP5.
- Snipers increase your vision, making it vital to a successful game. Always hold your sniper while moving outside, you'll see your opponents before they see you. I prefer the quieter ones, like the VSS and Crossbow. The Hunting Rifle, Bolt-Action, Semi-Auto and AWP have shots than can burst eardrums.
- The RPG should only be used in certain situations. It may seem pointless, and sometimes it is. But when you get to a choke point you'll be happy you have it. If you have caught someone inside a house or they have trapped you inside, use this (if you are defending wait for them to open the door).
- When following someone, use a Bolt-Action Sniper rifle to get the first shot off. This will let you have the health advantage, and picking them off is relatively easy.
- If you are careful and really good, using an RPG instead of a sniper is viable option because you can:
- Deal more damage.
- Group kill (kill multiple people).
- Intimidate watchers. If you saw someone shoot an RPG at someone else with deadly accuracy, you probably shouldn't go near them.
- Another Good idea when it is 1v1 in the Endgame is to use a reverse impulse which will throw someone into the gas and then when they are in the gas they will move slower making it easier to snipe them.This will deal 10 damage on them every second they are in gas and with the sniper and a well stocked short range weapon or AR you should be able to finish them off.
How to "Double Pump"[edit | edit source]
You need to get 2 shotguns. Pump shotguns & Tactical shotguns work, although Assault shotguns are the best for this.
- Make sure that both of the shotguns are fully loaded.
- Shoot, switch weapon, shoot, and repeat. This needs lots of practice.
- Remember that reload is not instant, but you can now shoot two times faster than normal!
Gameplay Challenges[edit | edit source]
These are some challenges that you can attempt in-game. If you can think of one to add, feel free to put it here!
- Leveling Up - When you start a game, don't pick up all the good weapons you find first. Instead, if you find a common, pick it up. Then, if you're able to find the same kind of weapon but uncommon, you can switch it out for the uncommon, as if upgrading your weapon's tier. You would then try to find a rare, and then epic, and so on. If you found another common, you could pick it up and try to find it's upgrades, too. (You can still pick up consumables and grenades too, but not stand-alone rarity stuff like the uniques [Minigun, Flamethrower, Shuriken, Crossbow] and weapons that do not have a rarity of common [P90, Assault Shotgun, etc.].) You can change certain aspects of this challenge, like being able to save a rare leveled gun for later in your inventory for when you found the uncommon level for the same gun, being able to switch out guns for each other (for example, if you had a rare AR-15 and found a rare SCAR, you wouldn't have to leave it there, you could switch the AR-15 for the SCAR, or being able to have one gun that didn't have to be upgraded to pick it up (so if you found a mythic or opened an Airdrop, you could put it in that one spot.)
- Commoner - Only use common weapons.
- Don't Kill - Do not kill. This is very possible, a strategy to winning a game without killing is to hide, stock up on bandages, med kits, and shield potions, trick your opponents to accidentally killing themselves, and be patient. You can do damage to your enemies, but you cannot kill them.
- Grenadier - Only use grenades. This includes the basic grenade, the impulse and reverse impulse grenades, along with smoke grenades and cactus bombs.(you can get healing stuff too, just no weapons.)
- No Crates - This challenge is just that. You are not allowed to open any containers at all and can only get stuff by finding the scattered weapons and ammo you find throughout the map.
- Sticky Hands - You're allowed to pick up anything you find, but once you pick up something, you cannot drop it. This is quite a challenge and an annoyance if you find all the stuff you need and then you find a mythic weapon, which you can't pick up.
- 100 Health Challenge - You get to use any weapon you like, but you're not allowed to use any consumables. (Picking up consumables is fine as long as you don't use it or let someone else use it.)
- One Weapon Challenge - You can only use 1 weapon. The other slots may be filled in by consumables or empty slots.
- One Weapon Type Challenge - A less stressful One Weapon Challenge; you can only pick up one type of weapon (Pistols, SMGs, RPGs, etc.). Consumables are fine too. Similar to the limited time Mystery Mode, but with other players using all weapon types.
- Revive Only - (This only works in Duos or Squads) You can't pick up weapons or grenades, only healing/potion items. You can only revive other players or heal yourself.
- My Favorite Color - You can only use a certain level of power in this challenge. Before entering a game, choose the level you want to search for.(I recommend choosing a middle-ish level like rare or epic.) Then, go searching! Other than that, the gameplay is the same.
- One chest Only- You can only open one Z-chest per game and nothing else, but, you can pick up consumables from players that you kill. This is is a really fun game mode to play if you are bored.
- Solo VS Squad - Play Duos or Squads alone without autofill; this way you will have to fight against teams all by yourself, and still try to win. You can do anything else in this challenge.
- Elimination Pick-up's - This challenge is especially hard because, you can only pick up loot from other players that you killed and no other loot on the ground, in chest, or even boxes.
- THE NINJA - You can only pick up Shurikens and smoke grenades. The other slots can be filled with consumables. This is much cooler if you have a ninja skin and a melee skin as a sword.
- Airdrop Challenge - Only obtain items from Airdrops. If you're lucky enough to get an abandoned one in the first place.
- Specialist - Only use unique weapons (Minigun, Flamethrower, Crossbow, Shurikens, etc.). Consumables are allowed.
- Home Turf - Land and stay in one area only. Even if it's in the gas (Pray it isn't.). All other gameplay is normal.
- One Slot Challenge - Similar to the One Weapon Challenge, except you can literally use only one slot (though you can switch out anytime you like). This means relying on enemy loot for healing as you cannot carry your own.
- Throwables Only Challenge - Heals and Throwables only. All heals, all grenades (no launcher), shurikens and Trident of the Depths if you can get it.
- Bloodred Challenge - you can only use mythic weapons. No healing or grenades allowed.
- Camping Challenge - pick any one house. You must stay in that house for the entire game. Even if it's in the storm.
- No Damage Challenge - it's just that. Do not take damage. If you do, exit the match and try again. This can be a test for your "pro" friend who "wins every round."
- Melee Only :
Only melee, no weapons or grenades that do damage.